HEALTHY START SERVICES IN GRAND BLANC
Prevent Rather Than Correct
At Werschky, Lewis & Slatton Family Dentistry, we proudly offer The Healthy Start System™ to patients throughout Genesee County. The Healthy Start System™ is a non-invasive alternative to traditional orthodontics that treats children with crooked teeth early and naturally straightens their teeth. The results our patients see are just as good as or better than braces, plastic aligners, and dental surgery. If you want to achieve a picture-perfect, beautiful smile, you should get in touch with our team of dental professionals to schedule your appointment today.
Call (810) 671-5616 to speak with one of our certified Healthy Start dentists. We are one of only a few practices in the state trained to offer this innovative new system!
What Are the Benefits of the Healthy Start System?
Our skilled dentists and compassionate staff work hard to bring our patients the most cutting- edge dental technology with the most benefits. Patients choose our Healthy Start services so they can experience the following benefits:
- Achieve a great smile WITHOUT braces, or surgery
- Prevent crooked teeth instead of correcting crooked teeth
- Achieve permanent results
- Experience no discomfort
- Treatment works naturally with your facial growth and development
Your Beautiful Smile Is Just the Beginning
Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) is an all-inclusive term for breathing difficulties, ranging from mild snoring to severe airway obstruction during sleep. When your child’s breathing is disrupted, their body recognizes the disruption like it’s choking. This causes the heart rate to slow down, increases blood pressure, arouses the brain, and ultimately disrupts sleep. Although there have traditionally been very few answers to treating this issue, Werschky, Lewis & Slatton Family Dentistry is now able to use the Healthy Start System to assist patients who suffer from SDB.
What Are the Consequences of Sleep-Disordered Breathing?
When your child's nasal and upper airway are constricted it causes mouth breathing and poor tongue position which in turn causes underdevelopment of the mouth and jaws resulting in:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Enlarged tonsils
- Allergy symptoms
- Diagnosis of ADHD/ADD
- Just to name a few
How Can I Tell If My Child Has Sleep-Disordered Breathing?
Does it ever sound like a freight train is running through your child’s room at night? Loud snoring is one indicator that suggests your child may have Sleep-Disordered Breathing. Gasping and snorting sounds while your child sleeps may catch you off guard or even make you momentarily worry. These sounds stem from your child moving from a deeper sleep to a lighter sleep and struggling to breathe.
What Are the Symptoms of Sleep-Disordered Breathing?
The following are common symptoms of SDB:
- Arrested Growth
- Chronic Allergies
- Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Difficulty with Subjects like Math, Science, and Spelling
- Excessively Sweating While Asleep
- Frequent Headaches
- Frequently Waking Up
- Irritability / Aggressive Behavior
- Mouth Breathing
- Restless Sleep
- Swollen Adenoids / Tonsils
- Teeth Grinding
How Does The Healthy Start System Work?
The Healthy Start System guides your child’s teeth into their proper position, expanding and fully developing their mouth and jaw. The Healthy Start System works with the natural forces of tooth eruption. The soft, comfortable, removable devices gently guide the erupting teeth into their ideal positions. In addition, Healthy Start aids in the correct growth and alignment of the lower jaw, expanding the arches to ensure incoming permanent teeth have enough room to erupt correctly, and develop proper oral habits.
The Healthy Start System uses the following series of appliances, depending on the age of your child:
- Habit-Corrector: The habit-corrector eliminates or improves current oral habits that can damage your child’s dental health. Your child wears the habit-corrector at night while sleeping. With a design similar to that of a pacifier, your child will get used to wearing the device in their mouth every night. This step lasts about 2-5 months.
- Second Phase: Your child will get an appliance customized and sized for them to wear every night. It aids the incoming teeth into their proper places, corrects jaw relations, and expands your child’s arches for their incoming adult teeth. Your child will wear this device for 2-6 months.
- Final Phase: The final treatment begins with a device that accommodates incoming adult teeth. It begins when your child has at least 4 permanent teeth. This phase is extremely important because your child’s adult teeth are forming and the gum tissue fibers are starting to attach to the teeth in the mouth. Healthy Start works perfectly to ensure the teeth erupt into proper alignment. The patient normally has active daytime wear coupled with passive night time use of the appliance in this phase.
Ask Us About The Healthy Start System Today
Do you have more questions about the Healthy Start services we offer at Werschky, Lewis & Slatton Family Dentistry? Then give us a call to get the answers you are looking for. Our friendly staff will gladly take the time to discuss your situation and address all of your concerns.
Our team of experienced dentists only offer time-tested and proven procedures to our patients. Researchers and developers have carefully designed the Healthy Start System to adapt to each patient’s individual needs. Drs. Werschky & Lewis’s ability to determine the optimal Healthy Start System for your child make us the practice you want to correct Sleep Disordered Breathing symptoms.
Open-bite corrected with Healthy Start System
Overbite and Overjet
Overbite and overjet corrected with Healthy Start System for Preteens five years post-treatment.
Our dedicated team of dental professionals strive to provide all of our patients with healthy, beautiful, and lasting smiles. Call (810) 671-5616 today to schedule an examination and consultation. Don’t hesitate, give your child the gift of a Healthy Start today!